Where Customization Begins 

• Why so many people loves IDM?

• The boiler room is where any disputes go down! Got something to bitch about? Do it here.
The boiler room is where any disputes go down! Got something to bitch about? Do it here.
 #28433  by TheAslan
 18 Sep 2013, 14:57
I still don't understand why so many people loves Internet Download Manager IDM, first of all there might be like 3 updates per week, and then it shows inaccurate download speeds, and last but not least it saves so much information to your registry of downloaded files. And I'm not the biggest fan of its GUI either. And....if you like to properly integrate IDM with your browser there has to be one service running in the background which slows down your computer.

Like me, I hardly never download anything without my torrent client, software updates are normally quite small and big files I download with my torrent client.

If IDM starts to support torrent downloads someday then I will give it a chance.

So am I crazy or stupid or both because I hate IDM?
 #28439  by Neuropass
 18 Sep 2013, 20:14
I think I used it once ages ago lol
 #28442  by Angel
 18 Sep 2013, 21:10
It's good but not worth the money any more. It lacks serious integration into Chrome\Chromium also although it still works but not as seamlessly(?) as Firefox. FreeDownloadManager is good with Firefox but not with Chrome\Chromium.