Where Customization Begins 

• process kill after 5 second

• The boiler room is where any disputes go down! Got something to bitch about? Do it here.
The boiler room is where any disputes go down! Got something to bitch about? Do it here.
 #10825  by shenron278
 13 Oct 2010, 01:04
i installed with 7 Gamer that i think originated from here on newage, anyways, the process kill after 5 second hang, or something like that... i have had several issues where i believe that is somehow related-

DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO DISABLE THIS SHIT?!

i have a hunch its ~Fu****in'~ with my google chrome, i love chrome, but now its about as stable as charles manson on crack, and to top it off, i just intsalled a new game, and it won't ~Fu****in'~ start cuz that 5 second piece of shit- i need to get this hsit off of here, but i like a ton of these other tweaks!

someobdy plz help- id rather not reformat and do a legit 7 ult install with all the bullshit, lets discuss options plz-
 #10829  by shenron278
 13 Oct 2010, 03:23
sweet baby jeezus, i finally found it! i made this post tonight after having this problem for months, and also i'm using the Nordic-T 7 gamer, didnt pay much attention before...
anyways, through much stubborness i found this link

http://books.google.com/books?id=V1kKb0 ... &q&f=false

i'm so ~Fu****in'~ excited, i swapped the time to half of the default, 10000 miliseconds (10 seconds) instead of the nordic T's two second time-out... so much happier now
 #10830  by shenron278
 13 Oct 2010, 03:27
booo! that didnt fix anything!
i even found hungapptimeout in that registry folder and changed that from 1 sec to 10 sec and no difference! wtf!!!!

plz helpz me
 #10833  by Angel
 13 Oct 2010, 11:26
First things first quit the foul language. Take this as a warning.

Secondly please describe exactly what the problem. What is the process that is closing?
 #10882  by shenron278
 16 Oct 2010, 04:38
its not 1 process specifically, its any process that hangs for a period of time, i've changed some things here and there correlated to that link i posted above, but to no avail...

my big problem is with chrome, and a few games... stuff that takes a few seconds to load up first... while it loads, the Nordic-T 7 gamer custom build sees that loading time as a "hung" process, and considers it a crashed app, forcing it to close... ... ... i think... ... ... it doesn't say anything specific at all...

but i know for a fact that with zero extensions, chrome has never acted up like this before, even my homepage blank google hangs and crashes, driving me nuts! firefox is too damn slow, i refuse to use IE, and i don't like the interface for opera & safari
 #10883  by Neuropass
 16 Oct 2010, 11:33
You are talking about something different. "kill hang process after 5 second" is a reg tweak that is used by the system only when you turn it off and not while you are using it . That is something different. What's the name of the OS that you are using? Ask help for to its author.